|Curb 65 Score||x|
Blood Urea Nitrogen:
Systolic Blood Pressure:
Diastolic Blood Pressure:
⚠️ Report an Issue
Curb-65 is a score that gives the severity and mortality of community-acquired pneumonia. It helps determine the way the treatment to be offered to the patient – inpatient or outpatient mode.
The acronym CURB-65 stands for:Confusion of new onset (defined as an AMTS of 8 or less)
Blood Urea nitrogen greater than 7 mmol/l (19 mg/dL)
Respiratory rate of 30 breaths per minute or greater
Blood pressure less than 90 mmHg systolic or diastolic blood pressure 60 mmHg or less
Age 65 or older
What do various values of CURB-65 indicate?
Various ranges of CURB-65 indicate the mortality rate. The higher the CURB score the greater the risk of death.
- Patients with a CURB-65 score of 0 to 1 has less than 5% mortality
- Patients with a CURB-65 score of 2 to 3 has less than 10% mortality
- Patients with a CURB-65 score of 4 to 5 has 15-30% mortality
Besides, the CURB-65 score helps in determining the mode of treatment to the patient as shown below:
- A score of 0-1 indicates that the patient can be treated as an outpatient.
- A score of 2 indicates that a temporary stay may be needed or a close observation will also suffice as an outpatient
- A score 3-5 indicates hospitalization and intensive care.
How does CalculatorHut’s CURB-65 calculator help you?
You can calculate the value of the CURB-65 score using our calculator. Enter all the values as indicated and click Calculate. This would give you the score as per the parameters.
We also have a wide range of Health Calculators that help you determine various parameters such as Height and Weight, BMI & PI Calculator, Calories Calculator, and others. You will find them useful. Do check them out.
In case you need any of our health calculators as widgets on your website, let us know at support@calculatorhut. We would love to design a free widget for you. Stay healthy and happy!