|Lateral Surface Area||x|
⚠️ Report an Issue
Cone Property Calculator
A cone is a three-dimensional geometric shape that diminishes smoothly from a flat base to a point called the vertex. Cone is anything with a circular surface on one end and one point at the other end where all sides or lines meet.
- The vertex is also called as Apex, and it is the tip or the end of the cone.
- The flat base need not be circular always.
Examples for Cone
- An ice cream cone, which is a holder for ice cream.
- A funnel.
- A pine tree, which is generally used as Christmas trees.
- The peak of a volcano
- Any of the brightly colored plastic objects used as a barrier to divert traffic from roadwork, from a chuckhole, etc. (a full traffic cone)
- A Megaphone is also an example of a cone
Facts about Cones
- Curved 3D shapes such as cylinders, cones, and spheres are not polyhedrons as they have curved surfaces.
- The only difference between a cone and a pyramid is the base. A pyramid is a cone with a polygonal base, and a cone has a circular base.
- A cone can be made by rotating a triangle. The triangle is a right-angled triangle, and it gets rotated around one of its two short sides. The side rotates around is the axis of the cone.
- By rotating an isosceles triangle around its axis by 180°, it forms a right circular cone
- When the apex is not directly above the center of the base, we call it an Oblique Cone.
- We have different meanings for this word cone: for example in animal anatomy. Cone is defined as a type of light-sensitive receptor cell found in the retinas of all diurnal vertebrates.
- The center of gravity of any cone is one fourth the height of the center of the base.
- All generators of a cone are equal. ( A generator of a cone is a straight line and a closed curve).
Major calcuations found in the coneHeight
Height is the length of the perpendicular drawn from the apex to the base represented by ‘h’.The radius of flat base
It is the radius of the circular base represented by ‘r’.Volume
The volume of any conic solid is one-third of the product of the area of the base and the height
The height of the cone from the apex to the point lying on the circumference of the base. It is usually denoted by “l” or “s”.
s2 = r2 + h2
The lateral surface area of a cone is the area of the lateral or side surface only.
SA = ( π × r2) + ( π × r × l )
The base of the cone is nothing but a circle. So, the area of the circle gives the base area of the cone. Here ‘Ab’ represents the base area of the cone.
Ab = π × r2
Lateral Surface Area
The lateral surface of an object is the area of all the sides of the object, excluding the area of its base and top. Here ‘Al’ represents the Lateral surface area.
Al2 = ( π2 ) × ( r2 ) × ( h2 + r2 )
Why should you prefer CalculatorHut’s cone calculator?
Some necessary calculations like addition, subtraction, etc. can be done without using a calculator. But when it comes to finding the volume, lateral area, base area, and other important calculations, it takes up a lot of time to calculate since the complexity of the calculation is increased.
So, to make better use of your valuable time, you always need to think smart and make the problem much easier. It only happens when you do your calculations using this cone calculator. This saves lots of your time and helps in finishing your calculations much faster.
How to use the Cone Calculator?
This is one of easiest application that can be used because to calculate the parameters of the cone all you need is the radius and the height of the cone.
Once the radius and height of the cone are entered, you need to set the units in which the answer must be in and click on calculate. You will get the accurate results in less than a second. Clear can be used if you have entered the wrong values and if you need to change them. This is how you calculate the parameters of the cone using CalculatorHut’s cone calculator.
Math may not teach us how to add love or Subtract hate, but it gives us hope that every problem has a solution.