Age or Date Difference
To Date :
⚠️ Report an Issue
Most of us might have come across this question “How old are you?” — when we were young, in school, in an interview, at a doctor, at a movie theatre or any other place where age verification plays a key role.
Why is age calculator the key?
When someone asks your age, you say it very quickly. Because you know your date of birth, you do a simple calculation and tell the answer. But do you know that age plays a critical role in many situations?For example: Getting a baby vaccinated Joining a kid in a school Appearing for board exams Obtaining your driving license Becoming an eligible voter Being eligible for social welfare schemes Applying for a government job Turning into a person of eligible marriage age Getting medical checkups as you age Planning savings, loans and retirement plans Being eligible to acquire a hereditary property
Yes, in many of these situations, even days play a critical role in being eligible or ineligible for a particular given situation. So, how would that be if you can calculate age as precise as a sniper rifle? Don’t scratch your brains and start counting now how many days since you have been on this Earth! Just use our Age Calculator and get the most accurate age calculation in years, months and days. With our age calculator, you can perform all significant transactions related to age with ease.
Now next time someone asks you your age, tell them along with the number of days and see them utterly shocked at your sharpness!! Accepted Notations of Date
When you are talking about age calculation, you must deal with dates. Let us see what the accepted notations of date across the globe are.
The commonly used date formats are American and European date formatting that use a forward slash (/), a period (.) or a dash (-) as shown below:
The Ageless aspects about Age
Now that you have seen how useful age and age calculation is let us peep into some fascinating concepts of age. You can immediately say your age when someone asks you, but can you define it that perfectly? Yes, we may say age is the number of days we have existed on this Earth!
Well, that is entirely correct! However, let us see how the age definition goes as per standard:
“AGE - the period someone has been alive, or something has existed.”
Some film personas look as if they have arrested their age! They look ageless, don’t they?? Fine. Let us see some such ageless concepts about age, that which does not fade away with time.
- Our planet earth is 4.543-billion-year-old!
- The average lifespan of a human is 78.7 years.
- The lifespan of the most loved animals’ dogs and cats is about 10 – 13 years and 2 - 16 years respectively.
- Jellyfish are said to be “biologically immortal” which means that if their body starts to deteriorate through age or damage, then it can regenerate itself.
- Mayfly is the shortest living animal on planet Earth with a lifespan of 24 hours.
- A bristlecone pine is the oldest tree in the world.
- The date that you calculate your age is based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
- Helen Keller, at the age of 19 months, became deaf and blind. But that didn’t stop her. She was the first deaf and blind person to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Anne Frank was 12 when she wrote the Diary of a Young Girl.
- Alexander the Great, created the largest empire in the world, just by the age of 29.
- Marie Curie was 35 years old when she got nominated for a Nobel Prize in Physics.
- Mona Lisa, the painting that had an ageless smile was drawn by Da Vinci when he was 51 years old.
- Nelson Mandela was 76 when he became President.
Thus, age is just a concept that defines our body. Nothing can withhold us back from achieving anything in life if we are determined and working towards our goal.
– Jackie Joyner-Kersee