Square is a quadrilateral whose all sides are of equal length and all the corner angles are equal.
A square is also called as a regular quadrilateral because of the equal sides and equal angles.
Properties of a Square:
- All the four internal corner angles are right angles.
- It is an equilateral (sides with equal length) and equiangular quadrilateral.
- A square is a two-dimensional shape.
- The sum of all internal angles in a square is equal to 360 degrees.
- There are two diagonals in a square and the length of both the diagonals is equal.
- The opposite sides of a square are parallel.
- The diagonals in a square are perpendicular to each other and bisect each other at 900
- Adjacent sides in a square meet up at right angle.
- The equation max (x2, y2) = 1 is used to describe a square and the circumradius of this square is equal to √2.
What makes a quadrilateral into square?
- A quadrilateral with four congruent sides and four right angles is a square.
- If two consecutive sides of a rectangle are congruent, then it is a square.
- If a rhombus is said to be a square if it contains a right angle.
- If a quadrilateral is both a rectangle and a rhombus, then it is a square.
- The only difference between a diamond and square is the length of the diagonals. In a square, both the diagonals are of equal length whereas in a diamond, the length of the diagonals are not equal.
The perimeter of a square is 4 times the length of one side (or) The perimeter of a square is the sum of all four sides of a square.
The area of a square is the product of length any two sides.
Assume that a length of a square is equal to ‘s’
Therefore, Area = s x s
Perimeter = (s+s+s+s) = 4 x s
It is the line segment joining two opposite vertices. The length of a diagonal in a square is √2 times the length of a side in a square.
Interesting Facts about Square
- The windows of almost every building are in square shape because of its reflectional symmetry.
- The word ‘magic square’ is a square table of numbers containing consecutive integers in arrangements such that the sum of numbers in any row, column, or diagonal are identical.
- A matrix with equal number of rows and columns as called as a square matrix.
- There is a city called as ‘Red square’ which is one of the most popular cities in Russia.
- The square of a number represents it rising to its second power.
- If a circle is circumscribed around a square with including all the corners of the square in it then the area of the circle is π/2 times the area of the square.
- If a circle is inscribed around a square with including all the midpoints of the sides in a square then the area of the circle is π/4 times the area of the square.
- In a plane, square tiling is one of the regular tiling.
- A cube has six square faces and it is a three-dimensional object.
How to use Calculator Hut’s Square Area Calculator?
Square calculator allows you to find the area, perimeter and length of the diagonal of a square in the units you want. Since it is very difficult to calculate these values if the length of the square is high, this calculator helps us finding these parameters in no time.
You can also conveniently add our square area calculator widget to your website and make calculations instantly.
Just let us know your preferred customizations at [email protected] and we would design an attractive and colourful widget as per your taste. And this is all for FREE!!
Success doesn’t count unless you earn it fair and square.