Elapsed Time HorsePower
Time to Finish
⚠️ Report an Issue
Engine Horsepower Calculator
The engine horsepower calculator works based on the relation between horsepower and displacement. There are two methods for calculating engine horsepower:
- Elapsed time method
- Trap Speed Method
Factors affecting Engine Horsepower
In addition to the technical factors such as weight and the make of the engine, the following factors play a major role in deciding the engine horsepower:
- Weather conditions including temperature and humidity
- Land terrain and elevation
- Type of fuel used
Want to know more on Horsepower? Check our HorsePower Calculator! It’s easy and informative.
CalculatorHut’s engine horsepower calculator is designed based on the first and the more popularly used method: The Elapsed Time Method.
Elapsed Time Method - Explained
In general, the elapsed time is the time taken for a vehicle to complete a complete track in any given competition.
The parameters used in the calculation of engine horsepower according to the elapsed time method are:
- The weight of the vehicle.
- Time needed to complete a quarter mile (402.3 meters).
The formula of horsepower as per this method
Note: You can get accurate engine horsepower rating when you can load the engine using a dynamometer.
Precautions to be taken for Measuring Engine Horsepower
- The vehicle that is being taken for the test should be entirely in a good working condition. Airbags, brakes, the condition of tires, and the engine fluids and other mechanical systems should be working at their best.
- The driver should be aware of what exactly is happening and the resulting repercussions and consequences, if something goes wrong.
- The elapsed time method should only be conducted at the places legally specified for the same purpose. It should never be conducted in public areas like parks, grounds, and roads, owing to the hazards the over speed poses.
How CalculatorHut’s Engine Horsepower Calculator helps you?
You can use this calculator to calculate the horsepower of a high-performance vehicle or an engine. It is convenient and lets you calculate the result in many different units.
Just enter the values accordingly in the unit you desire and click Calculate. You can get the answers instantaneously.
Do you know what factors does the mileage of a vehicle depends on? Have you heard of trip mileage? What are the basics behind speed calculation? Check them all here at our Vehicle Calculator Page.
Besides, these vehicle calculators would be an excellent addition to your website, if you are an automotive enthusiast and own a blog or website about the same. Let us know at email@example.com if you wish to wish to get this widget for FREE on your website. We also have an app for the same. Grab it on your mobile devices for FREE!